The Friendship Missionary Baptist Church of Dallas was organized in April, 1926 in an old school building in the community of Tennessee in Ferris, Texas under the leadership of Rev. Bowie. After several pastors over several years, the church moved to Gravel Slew. In 1928 the name of the church was changed to Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. In 1972 the church moved from Ferris to Dallas where it is still located. Rev. Paul E. Walker was called as pastor in 1975. God has continued to bless Friendship spiritually, financially, and our church family.